Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HBuck HBuck is offline

Default Referencing data using the SMALL function

Thanks for responding, Bob.

The data looks like the following:

Cells B6 to C12

C-Sites Score
Detroit 25
Chicago 50
Baltimore 14
Atlanta 23
San Francisco 42
San Jose 39

Cells E6 to F9

D-Sites Score
Palo Alto 12
Canton 39
Omaha 14

I need to pull the city data from B7:B12, E7:E9 and the scores from
C7:C12, F7:F9.

There can definitely be duplicates in the scores.

Hope that this helps. Thanks!

Holli

Bob Phillips wrote:
What does the data look like?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"HBuck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for that, Bob!

Can you please tell me how I would do that for multiple columns? I
thought I had a handle on it, but I received an error message that I
can't seem to get myself out of.

Thanks,
Holli

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use this to get the cities in order of smallest first

=INDEX($A$1:$A$100,MATCH(SMALL($B$1:$B$100,ROW(A1) ),$B$1:$B$100,0))

and copy down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"HBuck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem that I hope that someone can help me
with. Here's my sample data range:
City, Rate
Chicago, 50
New York, 23
San Francisco, 43
San Jose, 55
Baltimore, 14
Ann Arbor, 28

I want to populate a two-column, five row table with the city and

rate.
I've used the SMALL function in the rate column to include the five
lowest rates. My problem is, I'm able to retrieve the rates, but I
can't populate the first column with the City.

What I need is if column B=14, then A=Baltimore and such. Does anyone
have any ideas how I can set that up?

Holli - who hopes that was semi-coherent