Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnLVand JohnLVand is offline

Default Linking to a filtered (hidden) cells

Awesome.....
I think I (or should I say, you) fixed the problem.
I started looking at all of the formulas in all of the cells affected.
I mistakenly had a subtotal where I should have had a SUM formula.
The result of the subtotal was zero when I had filtered, so that's why it
didn't show up anywhere, including the linked cell.
Looks like I'm off to the races....
Thanks again.

"JMB" wrote:

Where is your subtotal function being used? If the target cell/range is
hidden, your subtotal function will return 0 - which will flow through to any
cells linked to it.

"JohnLVand" wrote:

I have a list of numbers that is subtotaled using 109 as the function number.
ie:
A1,A2,A3,A4....on worksheet WK1
Each one of these cells has a number in it.

Each one of these cells is linked to another cell within a worksheet called
WK2
ie:
cell A20 =WK1!A1
cell B20 =WK1!A2
cell C20 =WK1!A3
cell D20 =WK1!A4

When I filter the list of numbers on worksheet WK1 , the result of the
filter is...
(I filtered out row # 3 )..

A1
A2
A4

Now this is where I am finding my problem.
The contents of cell C20 in worksheet WK2 does not appear, even though it is
linked to A3 in worksheet WK1.
When I filter "show all", then the contents of WK2!C20 magically appears.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?