Bernie Deitrick

Jamie,

You need to enter a valid date in that cell.

Simply enter 2/1 (or 2/1/5, or any value from 2/1 to 2/28) and it will show
up as February.

Enter 1/1 and it will show up as January.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jamie" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2002. I have a document that is protected. Cell B2 is
unlocked so the user can input the month. What I would like to do is have
the date appear as: month year (e.g., February 2005). I need this to work
not only for the current month, but for the previous month, if the user

needs
to input information for the previous month.

I've tried formatting the cell, using the Custom Category, mmmm yyyy.
However when I type February the year does not show. if I type just a 2

the
date shows up as January 1900. If possible I would like the month and

year
to appear if the user types a number for the month (2 for February) or

spells
out the month (February).

Thanks
--