Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Changes to Calculation Formula

I think you need something like:

=IF(COUNTBLANK(H2,E3,D3)<0,"",H2+E3-D3)

i.e. if any of the cells in the COUNTBLANK function are empty, then
return "", otherwise calculate the rest of the formula - perhaps you
can see how you could apply this to other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Zygy wrote:
When I asked the following on the 5th:-
Is there a way of permanently arranging in col. H that the result of the
amount in col. D plus amount in col.E less the amount in col.F is
automatically shown once the entries in cols. D, E & F have been made.
I was given the following formula by Max of Singapo-
=IF(COUNTBLANK(D2:F2)<0,"",SUM(D2:E2)-F2)

My question now is:- how does one change the formula to accommodate other
calculation e.g what is the formula for the following:-H3 = H2 plus E3 minus
D3.
I have many other worksheets some of which contain many columns of figures
for which I would like to have a calculation formula.