Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Highlighting overdue tasks

Kate,

To avoid confusion, I'd suggest you remove "Overdue" as a selectable from
the DVs col. Leave this "Overdue" flagging to Excel to auto-monitor in the
adjacent col using the formula as per set-up in the earlier response.

Anyway, with the above said, I do trust that you have sorted out things
since, going by your latest reply to MarkN's response in your other thread
on"Conditional Formatting of rows"? Let me know ..
--
Max
Singapore
"KATE MCL" wrote in message
Hello Max

Thank-you for your reply I tried it out & it worked fine!!! However I have
run into another problem.

In the status column you can select from the following using the drop down
list for each cell consisting of Not Started, Pending, Completed &
Overdue.

I have set up conditional formatting thanks to some help so that when a
status cell reads Completed for example the row turns green (Condition 1),
for Pending yellow (Condition 2).

However the problem I have now is that even though the date may be overdue
&
the C2 column (which is my N2 column) is reading Overdue if the status
column
(H column) reads Completed it will stay green or Pending it will stay
yellow.

Can I get it so that Overdue will appear in the status column rather than
the C2 column AND so that the due date condition overrides any other
conditional formatting???

Cheers
Kate