Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkN MarkN is offline

Default Conditional Formatting of rows

Hi Kate,
How is your due date calculated?
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"KATE MCL" wrote:

Hi Mark

I changed it to $H4 rather than $A4 which is the start of my status column
and that worked! Thanks for your help!!!

I have posted another question Highlighting Overdue Tasks do you have any
suggestions regarding that?

Kate

"MarkN" wrote:

Hi Kate,
Did you use the cell reference $A4 (as opposed to $A$4) as mine works OK.
Let me know.
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"KATE MCL" wrote:

Thanks Mark!

It worked for one row that already had Completed in it however my status
column has drop down boxes to select from either Not Started, Pending or
Completed.

When I changed the formatted cell from Completed to Pending the formatting
did not revert back to the normal format. Also when I selected other cells in
the status column (column H) and changed the status to Completed nothing
happened.

Any ideas how I can change this?

Kate

"MarkN" wrote:

Hi Kate,

Highlight the entire area that will be subject to the conditional
formatting, highlight as far across the rows as required. Format, Conditional
Formatting and select Formula Is. Then enter your required formula:
=$A2="Completed", then apply the required format. Click OK
--
Hope that helps,
MarkN

"KATE MCL" wrote:

I am creating an action plan in excel 2003 and I want to use conditional
formatting to format the row once a cell in the action status column reads
"Completed".

I can use Conditional Formatting to format the cell containing "Completed"
however I don't know what to do to apply this formatting to the rest of the
row in the range.

Can anyone help me with this!

Cheers
Kate