Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leo Heuser Leo Heuser is offline

Default Combining formulas, "and" & "or" to verify content of multiple

"Shu of AZ" skrev i en meddelelse
Thanks Leo but I think this relies on totaling and not indicating whether
or
not the number just exists. I need only to recongnize whether the forst
two
( 7,8) numbers in the four set of numbers given to me exist in either the
first four numbers 1-4, the second four numbers,2-5 or the third four
numbers,3-6 in the provided 6 set and then show that as a hit ( red, true
or
a number 1 ) in another set.
I tested your formula and if you rearrange the four set, the results prove
inconsistent
=(SUMPRODUCT((G61=K61:P61)+(H61=K61:P61))=1)+0
where g61 through q61 are
7 8 3 2 6 4 1 8 3 5 1
The 7 does not exist in the six and the result is a True or as indicated
that by a 1.

In your original post you wrote "(2) or (4)", which means "one OR the other
OR both" (inclusive OR) or "one Or the other but not both (exclusive OR).

Apparently you mean "(2) AND (4)", so why don't you use Ron's formula?

Leo Heuser