Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.setup
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Office Still Disabled - Read Only Mode

This sounds like either a time-limited trial version or that the number of
times you have opened without activation has exceeded the threshold.

I suggest a call to your MS subsidiary who could activate it if it is a full
legitimate version

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Xaos" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 Professional on Windows Media Center

I just did a complete System restore on my computer for other reasons,
and now that I am re-installing Office, I am not able to access any
controls. In other words, I cannot edit any document, because the
controls are all grayed out. This is a legit version of the software. It
won't let me activate when I goto HELPACTIVATE PRODUCT...

When I open WORD, EXCEL, I can open a document, but I can't edit it. No
password was needed to open the file, and I don't remember putting any
of the files in READ ONLY mode.

Yeah...READ ONLY, that a better description of what's going on, I can
only read files and documents.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.