Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default need formula help

Should be able to make good use of the SUMIF() function. For the first one,
in G3, try
=SUMIF(A11:A21,"Charity",D11:D21)
repeat exactly the same for the next three, just change "charity" to
"business", "medical" and "research" as appropriate.

See Excel HELP on SUMIF() for a detailed explanation if it's not obvious to
you what's going on.

"jimmy" wrote:

I am trying to add mileage for different categories (Charity, Business,
Medical, and Research). Please see this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jimmy528...51438772699154

How do I get the results in Column G by adding up the Mileage (Column
D). For example, I want a formula that will search through Column A for
"Charity" and know to add cells D14, D16 and D19 resulting in the sum
of "60" in cell G3?

Thanks,
Jimmy