Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
barrie barrie is offline

Default Frequency Formula

Using frequency, I am trying to calculate how many students received grades
within a particular grade range. I've entered the spefici grades for 15
students in column B (B3:B17) and the grade ranges in column C (C3:C9). When
I use frequency in Column D, it does not calculate it correctly - for
example, it finds 6 students who got a grade between 51 and 60 even though
there are only 4. I used the formula {=FREQUENCY(B3:B17,C3:C9)}. Here is a
copy of my columns and the results. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

0
79 40 2
80 50 2