Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default changing integers in a list

Let's say your data from A1:A7

In B1 =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1,A1,$A$1+COUNTIF($A$1:A1, $A$1)-1)

Copy as far as needed

"KK" wrote:

Hello,

I have a list of integer numbers in a single column. They are in no
particular order, and I cannot sort them (it would upset the rest of the
spreadsheet). Some of the integers are repeated more than once, & I want to
increase the repeats by 1, then 2, 3 ... so that I end up with a list of
unique integers. So for example if I have 5,27,21,5,33,5,5 I would end up
with 5,27,21,6,33,7,8.

I've been studying the Match, & other Lookup functions, but am unclear about
the best approach.

Hope this makes sense ?

Thanks