Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Combining formulas, "and" & "or" to verify content of multiple

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:05:02 -0700, Shu of AZ
wrote:

I did enter it as an array formula, the braces do not copy and paste but they
are in there. The 1,0 was just added after the first formula did not return
anything but value or false when the first two numbers of the four numbers
did exist in the six number set.

Adding the 1 or 0 to either of the formulas I suggested when it does not give
the expected result seems like a strange thing to do. I did not recommend
that, nor do I understand the reason behind it.

I suggest you re-read the posts, and try to follow the instructions laid out
there.

If you do, and are still not getting the expected results, the likely reason is
that some of your numbers are really text, and not numeric.

You can test that by using the ISTEXT function on each of your values.
--ron