Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Conditional average of time

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4=123),B1:B4)/COUNTIF(A1:A4,123)

Format as [h]:mm

"Lovik" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem and need descreptly your help on that.

I have an excel 2000 sheet in which i need to calculate average of time
taken to solve the problem. Sheet details are given below

time is in [h]:mm format and conditions are there i.e. if data in column A
meets creteria then only it will add the respective time viz..

A B
123 36:56
123 12:13
235 00:15
528 28:16

now on based on this example i want to take average of time value from
column B where data in column A is 123. which should come (36:56+12:13)/2.

Please help
--
"Rome was not built in one day"