Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DianeandChipps DianeandChipps is offline

Default Unique counting formula

Thanks to an earlier discussion I have been able to use the formula
=SUMPRODUCT((E2:E1000<"")/COUNTIF(E2:E1000,E2:E1000&"")) to count how many
different numbers appear between cells E2 and E1000. Column E is house
numbers.
I would now like to be able to count how many entries in cells A2:A1000 are
=1.

Column A is the number of days that a repair is outstanding.

The result would be the number of houses with a repair outstanding by 1 day
or more.

Can anyone make sense of what I have said and help?

Many thanks.