Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gerald Gerald is offline

Default rowwise query

Thanks for your reply

apologies for not been clear, allow me to explain again with below e.g.

column1 column2 column3
list 1 00010
list 1 00010
list2 00011

I need a check on these 3 rows i.e.if from above example list2 does not have
00010, it should display in column 3 as addition

Used =ColorIndex(A2) function but gives me a error Name#

any help will be appreciated

Thanks for looking into my query

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gerald" wrote in message
dears,

I have a excelsheet with name excelsheet 3 with 5000 rows.
It has more or less same information i.e. 2 or 3 rows with empid 1 will

be
present though one hightligted in yellow and another highlighted in green

I am doing a comparision on column empid i.e. if empid 1 (red) is seen and
if no corresponding yellow then it has be displayed as additon or if empid

1
(yellow) is seen and if no corresponding red then it has be displayed as
deletion

would really appreciate any help on this

thanks