Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default bar char - bar width

Is this weekly data, for instance? Excel might interpret dates and provide
seven slots for one weekly value, leaving you with six empty slots per
filled point. Change from a time scale axis to a regular category axis: go
to the Chart menu, Chart Options, Axes tab, and under Category (X) Axis,
change Automatic to Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jeff Reese" wrote in message
I've created a simple, standard bar chart in Excel. Oddly, Excel by
default
has made the widths of the bars themselves extremely narrow. I have never
seen this behavior before. Any ideas what may be causing this and
suggestions on how I can fix it?

Thanks.
--
Jeff