Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Help! Excel Question

Another method close to Carim's but with a UDF

="*"& A1&"*" in C1

="*"&B1 & revstr(B1)&"*" in D1

Drop this UDF into your workbook into a general module.

Public Function RevStr(rng As Range)
RevStr = StrReverse(rng.text)
End Function

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 13 Oct 2006 07:05:33 -0700, wrote:

I have two columns of information

Column A is a name and column B is a Text Field..... here is what I
want to be able to do:

Here are two examples:

If coumn A has Jane Doe and column B has T3866 how can I make column C
automatically become *Jane Doe* and column D become *T38666683T*

What I am wanting to do is take a list of names and add a leading and
lagging * and then take the next field add the text in reverse order
and then add a leading and lagging *.

The second example is John Doe 12345 (columns A and B) - I would want
columns C and D to be *John Doe* *1234554321*.

Is this doable? How?
Thanks in advance for any help!