Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Imputting an angle degree. Degree, minute, second

Hello, Graham!
You wrote on Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:12:01 -0700:

I am recording degrees in a land survey and wish to use excel to
quickly
calculate the angles for me.
I am stuck as to how to imput an angle, not in decimal format,
but in
degrees, minutes and seconds so I can then subtract one from the
other.
From this I hope to work out how to calculate the mean of angles
and the cos
and sine of the angles so you see I'm falling at the first
hurdle.
Please help, I have a huge project starting and I hope this can
save me time.

G Graham

This is not meant sarcastically but do people still use minutes
and seconds for angles? If you need functions to handle them,
try a Google search for degrees minutes second excel. Two of the
earliest responses are from Microsoft and look promising.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not