JE McGimpsey

You can use Edit/Find to look for "[" in formulas, and look in the
Insert/Name/Define listbox to see if a defined name refers to an
external file.

If you can't find it that way, you might try running Bill Manville's
FinkLink add-in, which you can download from

http://bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

In article ,
"Iain" wrote:

When I open a particular spreadsheet, the "Do you want to update External
References...?" box appears, however I cannot locate the cells that refer to
the external worksheets.

I have tried a find on the file names listed in the links box, however there
is no result.

Is there a way to find the cells that refer to another file in Excel 2000?