Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default To Many Formats ERROR

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

Adam wrote:

Hi Dave, Thanks for the response. I realize at this point I need to reduce
the number of Formats. My question really is, how do I get the workbook to
open so I can reduce them?

I'll check the solutions sight though.

"Dave O" wrote:

That error occurs when the workbook contains more than approximately
4,000 different combinations of cell formats. For more information,
consult Microsoft Knowledge Base article 213904, currently located at

As I recall the MS site talks about a solution, but basically it comes
down to reducing the amount of formatting in your worksheet. This would
mean a reduction to shading, fonts, font sizes, font colors, borders,
number formats, etc etc etc.

--

Dave Peterson