Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Sizing individual charts with a macro

Hi,

If the chart is active then use the Parent reference to apply sizes

This will make the chart 10% wider.

ActiveChart.Parent.Width = ActiveChart.Parent.Width * 1.1

Cheers
Andy

Ellinoz wrote:
Hi,

I'm kind of flying along through VB on a wing and a prayer, so would really
appreciate some help with sizing individual charts in Excel. I have found
some coding for resizing all the charts on a sheet, but really need to be
able to click on a chart and resize them individually.

I can manage it as long as I have selected the chart with the Select cursor
(from the Drawing menu) and it is seen as a shape, but if I am in the chart
in editing mode, I get a run-time error 438, and the message 'Object doesn't
support this property or method'.

I'm in Excel 2003.

Many thanks,
Eleanor