Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Can a copy of a chart remain "live"

The charts are live, but they are still linked to the original data. You
could go through the Source Data dialog (Chart menu) to update the links to
the new data, but if the data sheets have the same layout, it is easier to
copy the whole sheet, including data and chart. This way, the chart is
linked to the data on its sheet. Then paste new data over the old and the
chart will update accordingly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"SouthAfricanStan" <me@there wrote in message
I have numerous worksheets containing charts (from data on those
worksheets, the "data sheets").
I have copied only the charts from the "data sheets" to a new worksheet
containing only the copied charts ("charts only"), but if I change the
original charts on the "data sheets", the charts on the "charts only"
sheet remain as they were, not being "live".
Is there anything I can do so that changing a chart on a "data sheet"
automatically changes the chart on the "charts only" sheet?