Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Undrline Undrline is offline

Default Date Format "stuck"

Sometimes - especially when I copy/paste from Access - dates look like dates,
I can format the cells as dates, but they're not *really* dates. For
instance, if I format the cell as a number, I should get the serial date.
Or, if I change the date format from mm/dd/yy to m/d/yyyy, it should change.
If I manually delete a /, retype it and hit enter, it suddenly recognizes it
as a date. But, if I try to automate this workaround with a find/replace, it
still doesn't recognize it as a date. What's up? I *really* don't want to
manually do it with a thousand cells.