Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HBuck HBuck is offline

Default Referencing data using the SMALL function

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem that I hope that someone can help me
with. Here's my sample data range:
City, Rate
Chicago, 50
New York, 23
San Francisco, 43
San Jose, 55
Baltimore, 14
Ann Arbor, 28

I want to populate a two-column, five row table with the city and rate.
I've used the SMALL function in the rate column to include the five
lowest rates. My problem is, I'm able to retrieve the rates, but I
can't populate the first column with the City.

What I need is if column B=14, then A=Baltimore and such. Does anyone
have any ideas how I can set that up?

Holli - who hopes that was semi-coherent