Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Sending Email through a macro

Have you try it ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"rojobrown" wrote in message ...
How can I create it in my personal workbook so it doesn't get overwritten
each time I run the file?
--
Thanks a bunch!
rojobrown

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi rojobrown

With SendMail the only way to stop the file is to leave the E-mail address empty.
See example 2

Sub Mail_workbook_1()
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is the Subject line"
End Sub

Sub Mail_workbook_2()
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "", _
"This is the Subject line"
End Sub

If you use Outlook you have more options (change Send to Display)
See my site for code examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"rojobrown" wrote in message ...
I'm using the following in vbe for a particular workbook. I would like to be
able to key in a message or a subject before I actually send the file. I
just want to have some control on the file being sent. Can this even be done?

ThisWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="recipient@address"

Thanks a bunch!
rojobrown