Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default REF# Error even with existing data

Just a word of warning. Indirect is a volatile function that means that it
recalulate every time the spreadsheet calculates (not just when Cell C1
changes). If you spread sheet is Very Long as you say then you should expect
to take a performance hit for using this formula (may or may not be an
issue)...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"bj" wrote:

try
=indirect("'AVALANCHE SCHEDULE'!C1")
this will keep it on c1

"leeblair" wrote:

I have a formula that reads like this
='AVALANCHE SCHEDULE'!C1

Avalanche Schedule being the name of another sheet in my workbook.
It is a schedule that is very long. As a date passes, I go into the
schedule and delete the top row (row 1). Everything then shifts up. The
next date is now in Row 1, however the data does not populate. I get a REF#
error and I don't understand why, because there is data in Avalanche Schedule
C1

Please help. I have also tried ='Avalanche Schedule'!$C$1

THanks