Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elfmajesty elfmajesty is offline

Default Dates Formatting Question - What if you do not know month and/

Thanks for the info. Yes, I think that's about the only way we can go - is
to just put 01/01/year for any dates that we don't know.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Elf

"Heidi" wrote:

"elfmajesty" wrote:

Hello all.

We have a spreadsheet wherein we have a column of dates that need to be
sorted as dates. Unfortunately, on some of them, we only know the month/year
or just the year. So, our column may look as such:

2005
10/2005
01/14/2006
2006
11/2004

We need to be able to sort these by date. Is there a way to format them for
that to happen? (i.e., something like this:

??/??/2005
10/??/2005
01/14/2006
??/??/2006