Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default TIME CALCULATION

If you want to sum the 5 rows with 10:30 in each, format the result as
[h]:mm

Note also that you're not as likely to get a sensible answer if you just say
"it doesn't give me the correct answer" as if you say what answer it *is*
giving you. I guess you're probably seeing 04:30 if you've got the cell
formatted as hh:mm, as that's what's left over after the 4 whole days are
removed from your answer of 52:30?
--
David Biddulph

"RICK" wrote in message
Thank you for your response, this is greate a simple formula but it works.
This is what I did. I'm still running into one problem, let say I worked
for 5 days and each day I totaled 10:30 hours. How do I calculate this? I
use the sum command but it does'nt give me to correct answer. PLEASE HELP
10/12 T
IN OUT IN OUT
6:36 12:00 12:30 17:36 10:30

"Niek Otten" wrote:

=B1-A1+D1-C1
Format the result cell as [h]:mm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"RICK" wrote in message
| Can some please tell me the formula on how to calculate hours worked.
For
| example IN 6:15AM OUT 12:30PM IN 1:00PM OUT 6:00PM. I FOUND THERE IS A
| SIMILAR ANSWER HERE THAT CAME FROM LARRY, BUT WHEN I TYPE THE FORMULA
THAT HE
| PROVIDED IT DOES'NT CALCULATE TO TOTAL HOURS ALTHOUGH I ALREADY
FORMATED CELL
| A TO D TO h:mm and CELL E FORMATED TO NUMBER WITH 1 DEC... ALSO SHOULD
THERE