Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Dobson Dave Dobson is offline

Default How to use months in formula.

Where the first formula had -1, which would show red if the month entered was
1 month less then today and the third formula had +1, would show green if the
month entered was 1 month more than today. That works great if today is
October and either September or November are entered. If August or December
are entered, then there is no colour change as these months are outside what
has been specified in the formula.

Could the formula read '-1 or less' and '+1 or more' without creating a
fourth or fifth condition?

If not, I will investigate multiple trigger conditions as suggested.

Once again, thank you.

"Max" wrote:

.. All works fine now.

Glad to hear that <g!

If, for example, a month needed to be entered that was
beyond the +/- 1 month from today's date,
how could I change the formula to accomodate this?

Sounds like you want to implement another 2 trigger conditions?

CF allows 3 trigger conditions to format cells, with an implicit 4th (ie
non-trigger condition) being the default format.

You might want to check out Bob Phillips'
CFPlus - Extended Conditional Formatter:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Believe it can handle, to quote:
Multiple Conditional Formats, up to 30 in total for any range of cells
--
Max
Singapore
"Dave Dobson" wrote in message
Thank you. Yes, figured it out at last.

I had used column 'A' in this dialogue just as an example. The actual
column on my sheet is 'I'. Just realised that in my actual column A there
are dates aswell!

All works fine now. If, for example, a month needed to be entered that
was
beyond the +/- 1 month from today's date, how could I change the formula
accomodate this?

This perhaps is not as important. I am glad my original problem is now
solved.

Thanks again.