Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smaruzzi smaruzzi is offline

Default Can you use INDIRECT in 3-D references?

Harlan,

how do you create a list of worksheet name? I tried Insert - Names -
Define , but I cannot physically enter the list of sheets names I want in the
Refers to entryfield because I don't know how to format it properly.
Should it be simply a reference to a cell containing the list of worksheets?

Thanks, Stefano

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Gdcprogrc wrote...
For example
=SUM(INDIRECT(C10))
where C10 would contain
="Sheet2:"&"Sheet3!"&"A"&ROW()
always returns #REF!.

No. INDIRECT can only return range references. 3D references are never
range references.

You could use a list of worksheet names, e.g., WSLST referring to

={"Sheet2","Sheet3"}

then use the formula

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT("'"&WSLST&"'!A"&ROW()))