Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ralphdevlin via OfficeKB.com ralphdevlin via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Question about using VLOOKUP with Data validation

I have a list in Excell 2003 that I have set to use for data validation on a
worksheet. I also have a list of numbers that I would like added to the main
spreadsheet in a certain cell with the correct amount when the data
validation equals any number of data validations.

I.E. cell A1 contains a name of a group on my list page which is data
validated with the name of group and added to the main work sheet in column A.
cell A2 on the list page contains the number of people that are in that group.
Cell A2 on my main spreadsheet is where I want the number in the group to
appear when I select any group I choose, each group number is on the same row
as the group name. any help would be appreciated. Thanks