Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Leading Zeroes

Hello, melissa!
You wrote on Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:15:03 -0700:

m I was wondering how to include "000" at the beginning of a
m data value, because the data set I am creating includes ID
m numbers. Excel wipes out the zeroes once I put them in the
m cell. For example, I would like to have it written as
m 000112233 instead of "112233."

m Thank you for your help.

If the result is to be a fixed length, use a custom font with
that number of zeroes. For example, if 112233 is to be
000112233, the custom font would be 000000000. The numbers will
still be numbers not text.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: