Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kierano Kierano is offline

Default Target cell coloured based on whether one cell has a greater value

I have a table with 4 statuses e.g. green, amber, red and blue.

I have a target cell which I want to be coloured according to which colour
is the predominant one.

So, if the value under 'green' is greater than the value for 'amber', 'red'
or 'blue', I want the target cell to be coloured green. Likewise, if the
value under 'amber' is greater than the value for 'green', 'red' or 'blue', I
want the target cell to be coloured amber.

So far, I have tried conditional formatting, but no joy. Any advice
gratefully received.