Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default If Formula or conditional formating

You can use formulas in the conditional formatting tool. Go to
Format--Conditional formatting.

For condition 1 you want to select "formula is" and apply the appropriate
formula.

Ex: =IF(A1="L",[format red]) etc.

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nora Najem" wrote:

I am working on an employee attendance worksheet and I want that cells
change color upon cell contents, which in this case I have five conditions.
Unfrotunately in Excel 2003 there are only 3 conditions. My question is:

Can I use an IF formula to change the color of the cell according to
contents and what it is? Suppose that I want to use the letter "L" for Leave,
"P" for present, "S" for sick, "h" for holiday..etc.

Thank you for your help
--
Microsoft Biased