Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rasoul Khoshravan Rasoul Khoshravan is offline

Default Office table autocalculating ?

there is an option in: Tools/option/calculation tab. Default value is
automtic calculation which means, calculation will be done upon hitting
"enter". You can change it to "Manual" which means that the calculation will
not be performed automatically. You should hit "f9" to perform the
calculation.
This is very usefull when the calculation takes long time and you don't what
the calculation with single changes.
Is this what you want?

"km" wrote in message
How do I stop excel from changing/calculating the numbers typed in to a
specific column I can't find any indication it is calculating but it
changes
the 9 digit ID number into a date format with different numbers ?