Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default Would like to sort on cell formulas

In , Dallman Ross <dman@localhost.
spake thusly:

I suppose this would be via a macro, and that's fine. My goal is
to sort a table based on the formulas in one column, rather than
on the displayed results in the column. Can anyone help with
this?

I just figured out one way to do this easily. Indeed, I'm
surprised nobody suggested it, in this clever group.

If I do, e.g., from a macro, a search-and-replace of the
leading "=" with some benign unique char in the column I intend to
sort, the formulas become text. I can sort as desired, then
replace the dummy chars with "=" again. Voila!

Dallman Ross