Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] avifisher@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel chart from a table

Yeah pretty much. I've converted all the data to columns using hlookups
and matches but I wondered if there was some secret method to make the
data usable in the table form. Sounds like there really isn't ... / Avi

James Silverton wrote:
Hello, !
You wrote on 10 Oct 2006 10:39:06 -0700:

a I do not have a problem getting the data into excel. I'm
a trying to determine how to make a line graph going from jan
a 1990 to present w/out having to first reformat the table
a into a single long column or row.

a Thanks / Avi

a James Silverton wrote:
?? Hello,
!
?? You wrote on 10 Oct 2006 06:07:25 -0700:
??
a Is there a way to convert a two axis table into a chart
a without first putting all the data into one column?
??
a I have the following data from the Bureau of Labor
a Statistics (industrial building employees) ...
??
a Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
a 1990 191.8 191.1 191.8 195.8 199.7 204.8 206.0
a 207.9 208.1 206.3 200.6 192.6
??

I suspect you would have much better control over the final plot
is you did convert it into two columns even if you could write
an expression to concatenate the various months.

Good Luck!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: