Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default Would like to sort on cell formulas

In , Bruce Sinclair
spake thusly:

In article , Dallman Ross
<dman@localhost. wrote:

I suppose this would be via a macro, and that's fine. My goal
is to sort a table based on the formulas in one column, rather
than on the displayed results in the column. Can anyone help
with this?

I just saw someone recommend an add in that had a function to
'capture' a formula as a string. Seems to me that this + a sort
would do what you want .. now ... if I could just find where I
read that ... :)

If you mean the MOREFUNC collection, I posted about it here
earlier today (late yesterday; it's 2 a.m. here now). I
found out about it a couple of weeks ago from others here
in this group. http://xcell05.free.fr/

Yes, it does have a function that shows the formula as text.
Theoretically, that would help me do this. But I am trying
to avoid setting up a dummy column like that. That's why
I was hoping someone could cobble a quick macro together
to do it instead.

I do appreciate the brainstorming, in any case!

Dallman