Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ms_kitty007 ms_kitty007 is offline

Default Phone number formatting

I am having some difficulty formatting the cells for phone numbers. Here's
the issue: I have a predictive dialer and the information I am using came
with a 1 at the beginning of some of the numbers that isn't compatable with
the system. I've tried the formatting suggestions in the help section of
excel, but it really isn't giving me a way to format all the cells in that
column to remove the 1 and just have the 10 digit number. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, or just an absolute that it can't be done so I can quit
trying... Thanks so much!!!