Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Charles Charles is offline

Default Q: Name not used when paste link to PPT

I have a small pb. I try to create tables in PPT which are linked to
Excel. To avoid any problem with insertion of rows and columns, I use
names in the spreadsheet. Problem, it looks like Excel does not use the
name of the range systematically and use a R128C3:R162C41 reference
most of the time.

That's an issue for me. Is there a way to deal with that? I am thinking
to a specific combinaison of key to "force" excel to use array names,
or maybe a property in PPT which allows to change the R128C3:R162C41 of
the link to the array name, or perhaps the only solution is to do it in
VBA?

Thanks in advance
Charles