Ken Wright

Sounds like somebody has set up Data validation on those cells, and either
you are trying to do something you shouldn't, or the person that built the
sheet didn't foresee all potential entries. Talk to whoever created the
sheet.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"CML" wrote in message
In Excel, I get an error message when trying to enter a negative dollar
amount. "You must enter a dollar amount in this cell." How do I enter a
negative amount without the error message and still have it add up

correctly
at the ending column?