Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default I cannot hide a sheet in a workbook. Why?

Mark

Thanks for that.

You are talking to the King of mis-reads so I have great empathy.

Gord

On 10 Oct 2006 08:00:03 -0700, "Mark Lincoln" wrote:

You certainly did, and I somehow managed to absolutely misread it. My
apologies.

Gord Dibben wrote:
Not so strange.

You can hide protected sheets.

I did not say the worksheet was protected, I said the WORKBOOK was protected.

Gord

On 9 Oct 2006 13:05:24 -0700, "Mark Lincoln" wrote:

I am able to hide a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. Strange, but
true. :)

Gord Dibben wrote:
It is quite possible that the workbook is protected, thus not allowing you to
hide sheets.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may need to supply a passwrd.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP