Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sofie sofie is offline

Default replace - by blank, keep 0 in phonenumber

Nope, still doesn't work. The column A with the numbers is formatted as text
and the help column with the fomula as general. Is that correct?

Thank you for helping out!

"Roger Govier" skrev:

Hi Sofie

i have just seen that Stefi posted the same solution as I did.
It sounds as though the cell where you are pasting the formula is
formatted as Text (from your previous efforts).
Format the cell as General, then paste the formula and all should work
OK.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"sofie" wrote in message
I just tried it, it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't "behave" as a
formula.
When I copied and pasted your formula nothing happend...

"Stefi" skrev:

Use a Helper column filled with this formula:
=TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),"00000000")

format the original column as text and paste special/value the helper
column
back to the original column!

Regards,
Stefi

"sofie" ezt Ã*rta:

Hi! I need to format a series of swedish phonenumbers from, for
example
045-52698 to 04552698. When I try to use the search and replace, I
lose the
0 in the beginning of the number. I also tried to format the cells
as text
first, but it doesn't help.

Can anyone help?

Thanx!