Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default hide values and display a decimal point that fills the cell

Thanks, Max. I have learned something.

When it comes to filling a cell, I am used to one method. I usually do Format Cells Alignment, then click the down arrow under Horizontal and then click Fill. This is good for any character so one has to key in a character.

I have learned the difference between the two formats.

Let's say one keys in ss. (i.e. ss and a period) and press enter.

Max's custom format will give ss........ while the format listed above will give ss.ss.ss.

If one wants to fill the entire cell with "." (period) either format should work.

This is so similar and yet can be quite different. Interesting.

Epinn

"Max" wrote in message ...
Try Format Cells Custom, Type: @*. << with a single period "."
Then just type a single period (or a space) into the cell
--
Max
Singapore
"Sally" wrote in message
I figured out how to hide values but I do not know how to creat a custom
format that repeatedly displays a decimal point that fills the entire
cell.