Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default IF Function

One way is to replace the " with CHAR(34), i.e.

=IF(R2="1/4"&CHAR(34)&" - 1 color",0)

"Suz" wrote:

I am trying to set up an IF function, and can't figure out why it isn't
working. When I set up =IF(R2="Diameter",0), I get the correct answer. If I
ask =IF(R2="1/4" - 1 color",0), I get an error. I assume it is because the
look-up has the inch abbreviation (") and it is getting confused with a quote
mark. Because I am dealing with inch sizes, how can I get around this
without completely reconfiguring my whole worksheet?