Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown Gary L Brown is offline

Default copy select characters from specified cells.

Try this...
=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("[ Named",C[4])),mid(C[4],21,LEN(C[4])-21-2+1),"")
untried formula.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Ron" wrote:

I'm trying to build on an answer I received last week (which was very
helpfull).

I'm using the below formula to conditionally copy the data from the fourth
cell over - or leave the field blank if the word 'Named' is not in the 4th
column.

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("[ Named",C[4])),C[4],"")

I need to expand on the copy portion as I need to conditionally copy the
contents of C[4] and to always ignore the first 20 characters and the last 2
characters from C[4].

example input from C[4]:
[ Named Symbology - T_Flow Line CBC ]
000Default LineLineSymbology
001Default TextTextSymbology

[ Named Symbology - T_Flow Line of StreamRiver ]