Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kobe Cunanan Kobe Cunanan is offline

Default File In Use By:?

Hi:

I use Excel 2003. All my Excel files are shared on the network. I enable
notification so everytime that the file is in use already the other user that
opens the same file will get notified. I just discovered that everytime that
my collegue open an excel file tha I've already open it will notify them "
File In Use- <Filename Here- By:" on the By it doesn't state my name its
state a different person's name. I tried the reverse method I have my
collegue open the same file first and then I open the same file and states
the correct name. But when I open first it doesn't state the correct name. Is
there something I have to change on my Excel Program. If it is how do I do
it? Thanks in advance.