Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anthony D Anthony D is offline

Default How can I find an asterik "*" in a spreadsheet using ctrl+F?

You are very welcome, glad to be of help, thanks !

"pulling my hair out" wrote:

Thank you!!!! I new there had to be a way... you just made my day!

"Anthony D" wrote:

Hi,

An asterisk can be specified as a search term by preceding it with a tilde,
e.g.
~*

Hth
Anthony

"pulling my hair out" wrote:

I have a column of data that includes "*" asteriks and I want to eliminate
them. When I try to use ctrl+f to find and replace them with "blank" it
appears it reads the "*" as a wildcard and eliminate the entire cell. How do
I look specificaly for the "*"? Thanks for any help!!!!!