Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jared Jared is offline

Default show result in msg box

That's Right.
I did not know exactly how to make a Countif formula for this one.

But Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Worked fine for me, but this is more efficient

Sub Check_4_Dups()
Dim first As String
Dim i As Long
Dim Response

For i = 3 To 52
first = Cells(i, 4).Value
If first < "Employee's Name" Then
If Application.CountIf(Range("D3", Cells(i, 4)), first) 1 Then
Response = MsgBox("The Name " _
& first & " appears Twice, Do you want to delete
one entry?", _
vbYesNo, "Check for Duplicate names")
If Response = vbYes Then Cells(i, 4) = "Employee's Name"
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jared" wrote in message
"employee's name" is not a variable, "first" is the variable. Wherever a

name
is not listed
it doesn't show a blank space, it shows "employee's name"
i hope that covers your question.

jared

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

It looks as if your "Employee's Name" is a variable which is not
defined ...

HTH
Carim