Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Adams Jay Adams is offline

Default Pulling info off a list from another sheet

I am trying to make a estimating tool/take off tool in Excel. One sheet is my
"takeoff" sheet, it has all the materials i will use, how much of each, and
its price. On another sheet I have the full list of every possible material I
can use, and how much each costs.
I want to be able to start typing the type of material, eg- "Pipe" and all
of the various types would come up on a pulldown or something, then once the
correct pipe type is selected it enters the price and other information on my
takeoff sheet.

Is this possible in excel???? or do i have to make a database in Access???